RBI Baseball 15 and 16 were challenging Engineering projects. The game needed to run smoothly on a wide range of platforms, as the arcade gameplay demanded 60 FPS on console, and the lowest acceptable frame rate on mobile was 30 FPS.
Tools: JIRA, Visual Studio 2012 GIT/Perforce
Platforms: PC/Mac (Steam), PS4, Xbox One, Android, iOS
- Developed Matchmaking for PS4, Xbox One, and PC
- Developed in-house Unity plugins for all first party API functionality including multiplayer, user support, achievements/trophies and I/O. (C++)
- Refactored/ optimized saving/loading for mobile to reduce save/load times from 50 seconds to under 10 seconds.
- Developed Network Quality of Service feature for Xbox One
- Developed Decision Tree / FSM AI for Baseball Fielders
- Wrote physics system for Magnus Effect for ball trajectories
- Lead Engineer for TRC/XR compliance for the second iteration of the project
- Wrote clean, multi-platform code and optimized the same code base for all platforms listed above to run at 60 FPS(Console) and 30 FPS (Mobile)
Project Info: http://store.steampowered.com/app/407690/RBI_Baseball_16/